Fancy some irresistible yet energizing bars of nutty heaven? Have a go at making these simple and very nutty energy bars by following the simple instructions below.
What Does It Involve?
Serving Size: Roughly 15 bars
Baking Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
What Cranberry Product Do I Need? - Mixed Raw Nuts
What Ingredients Do I Need?
120g/4oz rolled jumbo oats
30g/1oz unsweetened puffed rice (not crisped rice cereal)
75g/2½oz toasted flaked almonds
25g/1oz mixed seeds
130g/4½oz stoned dates, chopped
50g/1¾oz dark chocolate chips (optional)
40g/1½oz raisins or dried berries of your choice
100g/3½oz crunchy peanut butter
90g/3¼oz honey50 g unsalted peanuts, chopped
50g Mixed Raw Nuts?
What Do I Need To Do?
1. Line a 20cm/8in or 23cm/9in square tin with baking paper.
2. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4.
3. Spread the oats out onto a baking tray and bake them for about 10 minutes until they smell nice and toasty. Set aside to cool. (You can skip this step, but it makes the bars crispier.)
4. Mix together the toasted oats, puffed rice, almonds, seeds, chopped dates, chocolate chips, and raisins in a large bowl.
5.Melt the peanut butter and honey together in a small saucepan over a gentle heat. Stir until the mixture is smooth and thoroughly combined. While still warm, stir the peanut butter and honey into the oat mixture (you may need to get your hands in there) to completely coat all the oats, nuts and fruit.
6. Tip the mixture into the lined tin and press firmly to make an even layer. Damp hands make this less sticky work. Place the tin into the freezer for 20 minutes to firm up before cutting into 15 bars. Wrap each bar in cling film
to keep them fresh, and they’re ready to pop into a packed lunch.
P.S. Don’t forget to send us pics of your nutty energy bars
Huge thanks to bbcgoodfood.com/recipes for the inspiration